It’s over 1.5 years since we wrote about the 1.17 update to Harvest, and finally we’re able to release an updated version. It won’t be 1.17, but 1.18 (fixing a couple of more things), and this time also with builds for Linux!
The game changes are:
- Invert scroll direction setting
- Added drag-and-place buildings, if you keep the mouse pressed the game will place the next building at the edge of the energy range from the previous one
- Made it possible to select and sell multiple buildings at once, also added “getSelectedBuildings” Lua hook
- Added an option for the defenses to hold fire
- Shaded map edge
- Map expansion marker line
- Double-size minimap for resolutions larger than 800×600
- Changed damage calculation of missile turrets
- Removed the age limit of solar plants
- Removed the boss aliens
- Energy links will attempt to avoid sending energy to links that are pointing towards itself
- Made it possible to change language setting in the settings menu
- Changed so that Poseidon and Ares are unlocked by gaining award points
And we’ve also changed a bunch of stuff in the engine:
- Replaced the standard Lua intepreter with LuaJIT2
- Replaced BASS with OpenAL for sound effects
- Made profiles and save games “Program Files safe” (see more below)
Buy Harvest! It’s only $9.99, or $4.99 with discount code
If you don’t own Harvest: Massive Encounter, you should head over here and find the appropriate buy link:
Also, get an 50 % discount by entering the discount code “TOMMASO” when you buy the game! This code is to celebrate that the update was made possible by the nice Italian Tommaso Checchi (follow him on twitter at @_tomcc), and is valid until April 29th.
We also have a demo version if you want to try out the game before buying. We recommend you start playing the “wave mode” first You find the demo download links here:
Already own Harvest?
If you already have a copy of Harvest: Massive Encounter, you can use your serial key to download the game here:
Important! If you already have Harvest installed on Windows, you may notice that your profiles and save games are missing when you start the new version. This is because version 1.18 is “program files safe”, and will store your personal settings in “C:\Users\<your user>\AppData\Local\Harvest” instead of in the installation folder. To restore your save files, start the games once and then move your files manually from your installation folder to the documents folder.
Want Harvest on Steam?
As we mentioned in our previous blog post, Harvest: Massive Encounter is also available on Steam! The Harvest Steam store page is here:
The Steam version was updated to 1.18 a few days ago.
This update contains a lot of changes, and if you encounter a problem we haven’t heard of before, you may need to contact somebody.
If it’s related to Mac OS X or Linux compatibility problems, try sending @_tomcc a tweet.
If it’s related to purchasing or Windows problems, please send an email to:
If you just want someone to talk to, try our reddit community at:
We would like to write a big THANK YOU to all who have bought and played our game! It means a lot to us!